Kakadu Tours, 4WD Adventures & Camping Safaris with Travelwild
What's Included in the Kakadu Tours?
- All National Park Fees
- River / Billabong Boat Cruises
- All Camping Fees
- All Taxes incl GST, Fuel Levies, Local Payments, Kitties etc.
- All Camping Gear (except sleeping bags)
- Pick up and Drop off at most hostels & hotels in Darwin
- All food from Lunch on Day 1 to Lunch on the Last Day
- 4WD Vehicles
- Experienced Tour Guide who can Guide, Cook, Drive and Ehance your Kakadu Adventure
What's Not Included in the Kakadu Tours?
- Canoeing or a Boat Cruise at Katherine Gorge (5 day Tours)
- Alcoholic drinks (not supplied but you can take your own)
- Sleeping Bags (you can rent if you like)
- Accommodation before and after the tour.
If you are prepared to rough it a bit, can handle a day or 2 without a shower and think sleeping
out under the stars next to the campfire is a grand idea, then these tours are
designed just for you.
- Smaller Groups, normally 9 - 16 passengers
- Backpacker Tours, lots of fun and social
- Bush Camping in Wilderness Areas, under the stars or basic tents
- Longer Hikes and Active Groups
- Side Facing Seat Troopy Style 4WD Vehicles & Trucks
The Safari Tours still get out into the wilderness and pack in plenty of adventure and great activities,
however there are a couple of extra comforts for those who don't want to completely rough it.
- Permanent Tents in which you can stand up
- Beds off the floor
- Flushing Toilets and Hot Showers at Campsites
- Comfortable Tours, Easier Hikes
- 4WD Trucks with Forward Facing Seats
- Suit Backpackers, Families and those wanting a few comforts
- Rugged 4WD Bush Trips in remote areas
- Luxury Tours with Hotels
- Self Guided Overnight & Extended Hiking Adventures
- Photographic Tours with local expert photographers.
- Access to the permit areas of Koolpin Gorge and Moline Rockhole.
- Family Friendly Kakadu Tours
Travelwild offers 3 sensational styles of Kakadu Tours to Kakadu National Park and the Top End of the
Northern Territory, the "Rugged Tours", "Safari Tours" and "Private Tours". The Rugged and Safari tours offer plenty of action
and will see you camping, hiking, swimming, 4WDing and exploring the best of the Top End's Natural Destinations like Kakadu National Park, Litchfield
National Park and Katherine Gorge (Nitmiluk National Park). The Private Tours cater for small to large private groups and we can basically
Kakadu National Park
Kakadu National Park is amazing, it's half the size of Switzerland, got man eating crocodiles,
40000 year old rock paintings, 4WD tracks and 150 metre high waterfalls.
Kakadu National Park is a Unesco World Heritage listed park
and is one of only a handfull of World Heritage Listed areas which is listed for both it's
Environmental and Cultural qualities. For more detailed information about Kakadu, see Kakadu National Park
Special permits, issued to only a small number of tour operators by the National Park Service, allows for unique
access to Koolpin Gorge on the private tours, this hidden destinations is left off most maps to discourage visitors
because of it's environmentally sensitive and culturally special qualities.
See These Kakadu Tours On Youtube
See These Kakadu Tours On Flickr
What Lonely Planet Says about Kakadu National Park
"Youíve probably absorbed many of the images and information that abounds about this NT icon. You would have heard that itís
Australiaís largest national park, sheltering a variety of habitats and wildlife, including saltwater crocodiles. And itís well
known that the park is World Heritage listed. But experiencing the extraordinary natural and human histories kept at Kakadu defies
anything youíve read (including this). Even old-hand nature buffs will find for the first time seed pods, insects and animals unique
to the area. The 2000 million-year-old rocks tell 20, 000-year-old stories: of the existence of long-extinct giant kangaroos and
thylacines. There are hundreds of square kilometres of park, so allow at least three days to discover a smidgen."
About Travelwild Australia
We are an Australian based tour operator who began running small group Adventure Tours for backpackers and active travelers on
Kangaroo Island in 1998. We started with a 2 day 4WD Camping Tour, and today are proud to offer over 30 high quality small group
adventure tours from Kakadu and the Kimberley in the north, to the Outback and Ayers Rock in the centre to Kangaroo Island in the South.
Travelwild Tours are either "Travelwild Operated Tours" run by Travelwild, or "Travelwild Partner Tours" run by our partners who
share our passion for Small Group, Active Adventure Tours.
Either way your tour will be led by a professional local guide, you'll visit out of the way places the busses and crowds don't go,
you will have quality camping equipment and good food. The small groups allow plenty of time to have fun and explore.
Join one of these tours and we guarantee you will have an experience you'll never forget as you camp, hike, swim and canoe
your way through the Australian Wilderness.
Small Groups, 4WD Vehicles, Local Knowledge, Adventure Activities and Active People is quite simply a recipe for a great tour,
suprising few tour operators understand this simple fact.
- Small Groups. Our small group Australian tours are kept small
because they allow for better access to remote areas, creates less environmental impact and creates a much better tour dynamic. The reality is that
big bus groups suffer because guides are too busy organizing a large group rather than guiding. If you want to meet other people and fun as a group, keep it small!
- 4WD Vehicles. They may not be the most comfortable vehicles around, but if you want to
get the best spots in Australia without the crowds you need to divert down some of our 4WD only dirt tracks. If you are prepared
to rough it, then you'll be rewarded.
- Local Knowledge is vital if you expect your guide to know what they are doing. Each Travelwild Tour is
owned and operated by local individuals who live and love where they tour.
- Adventure Activities are the best way to experience pristine wilderness areas,
hiking, swimming, climbing, bush camping and canoeing (on selected tours) gets you into the bush and away from the crowds.
- Active People, most passengers who travel are between 18 and 39, come from all over the world, lead active lives and enjoy the outdoors,
(most groups are around 50% males and females). If you want to have fun on tour, it's important you travel with people you can relate to.